friendly wargaming club
in the home city of the Royal Navy
Portsmouth and Allied Wargames Society,
Southsea Community Centre, St. Pauls Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire.
The 2008 English DBA Open
England's premere DBA competition will be held
on Sunday 19th October 2008 at Southsea Community Centre in Portsmouth.
Please could players arrive at 9:00 am so we
can start the games by about 9:30.
There will be three competitions: 15mm Senior, 15 mm Junior and 25mm.
- Numbers permitting, players will be organised into groups of five or six
players, playing the others in their group.
- Players may use any army they chose for their group games.
- If there is more than one group, then all group winners and possibly
the best of group runnersup will progress to a final and possibly
semifinals to determine the overall winners. These finals and
semifinals may be played with themed armies provided by the
here for an entry form in Word.doc format
or here for the PDF version.
To remind yourself of last year's competition, click
DBA Open 2008 Rules
- De Bellis Antiquitatis (DBA) version 2.2 will be used.
- A "World Cup" format will be used. Initially competitors will use their
own armies and terrain. Each battle will be 30 minutes long (45 minutes for
- Scoring shall be as follows:
- 5 points for a complete victory (as defined in the rule book);
- 2 points for a draw (game incomplete when time is called), if the player
has destroyed more enemy elements than he has himself lost;
- 1 point for any other draw;
- 0 points for a loss.
- In the event of a tie within a group the winner will be determined by:
- head-head record;
- most generals killed;
- most camps/BUA sacked;
- most elements killed (not including the extra 2 for occupying a camp/BUA).
- The winner of each group (plus the best of the rest if necessary), will
then play a knock-out tournament (a final and possibly semi-finals) to determine
the overall winner. During the knock-out stage, competitors will secretly
choose an army from all those that will be available.
- If there are insufficient players to form at least two even groups, then
the event may be restructured as a single group, with each player playing
all other opponents. In this case, a knock-out phase may not be played.
- Element selection and army aggression may not be changed between battles.
|You are in :
||Home > 2008
English DBA Open
This page, and all text and photographs on it, are copyright
W G MacGillivray and other members of PAWS.
It was last updated on 10 October, 2008.
If you have any comments on this website, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portsmouth and Allied Wargames Society
Community Centre, St. Pauls Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire.